Escuela Americana is a college preparatory international school that seeks to provide a sound basis for life as a responsible member of society. Our educational program is built on high quality standards, and the commitment to help each child develop his or her potential. Escuela Americana offers a bilingual program embracing the cultures of El Salvador and the United States.
Escuela Americana recognizes and values that students come to the school with a variety of backgrounds, nationalities, talents, interests and learning styles. It is these qualities that allow the school to accommodate, celebrate and create an educational environment that fosters the capacity to explore, question, and discover relationships between fields of knowledge and experience. Escuela Americana also emphasizes the intangible social and cultural values the students receive by interacting in a bicultural setting. Escuela Americana believes that education is life, not merely a preparation for it.
- To provide an intellectually stimulating and challenging course of study in English and Spanish.
- To produce graduates who can communicate effectively in English and Spanish.
- To maintain high quality standards and integrity in all that we do.
- To provide many paths to success for members in our community.
- To foster in our students a commitment to active citizenship, responsible leadership, and service to others.
- To provide students with a program of study and preparation sufficient for admission to competitive universities and for success at that level.
- To provide programmatic experiences of the cultures of El Salvador and the United States.
- To provide living models of the virtues and values of this learning community.
- To create systematic approaches to the formation of desired virtues and values in students including integrity, honesty, respect, discipline, and care.
- To encourage environmental stewardship through thoughtful action in conservation and recycling thereby fostering a personal and community-wide sense of environmental responsibility.
Code of Conduct
The Escuela Americana’s Code of Conduct is the basis upon which we construct our lives in this learning community. The Code informs our actions and our policies in fulfilling our educational mission. The Code of Conduct is not, however, a disciplinary system. It is a set of expectations and values that frame our lives together in our school.
We proudly commit ourselves to uphold
Honesty, responsibility and respect,
Reject meanness; ease other’s pain,
Listen to others; work together,
Avoid offensive behavior,
Use appropriate language,
Tell the truth; be genuine.
Overcome the temptation to steal or cheat;
Decide when to follow and when to lead;
Be a positive influence to others,
Be patient, consider consequences, and
Care for our school and community.
It is and shall remain a privilege, not a right, to be an Escuela Americana community member, therefore I accept, understand, and agree to live under the Code of Conduct spirit. If my behavior puts my well being or other’s well being at risk, or has a negative consequence for our Escuela Americana, the school has a right to intervene.
Embedded in the Code of Conduct and an important part of Escuela Americana’s history is the Honor Code. The EA Honor Code is a clear statement of fundamental expectations that form the foundation of academic and personal integrity. Compliance with the EA Honor Code is a fundamental expectation for all EA community members, and failure to comply will result in discipline sanctions being imposed. The EA Honor Code states:
I will not lie, cheat, or steal, nor will I tolerate those who do.