GET READY FOR THE 2023 - 2024 SCHOOL YEAR
Here you will find all the information you need to be school-ready, from uniforms, to school supplies, cafeteria services and importante dates.
- August 11: New families Orientation at 1:30 PM (K - 5th grade)
- August 14 - 18: PK3 and PK4 Hopes and Dreams Conferences
- August 15: First day of school for K-12th (Rotation Day 1)
- August 15: PK4 Orientation
- August 16: First day of school for PK4
- August 18: PK3 Orientation
- August 21: First day of school for PK3
- August 21: Competitive Sports begin 1st-12th grade
- August 28: Open House grades PK3 - 1st
- August 30: Open Houses grades 2nd - 5th
View the entire calendar here
ARRIVAL AND DISMISSAL
School gates will open at 7:00 am with all students expected to be at school by 7:50 am, and required to be in class by 8:00 am. Students arriving after this time will be marked tardy. Late arrivals are permitted until 10:00 a.m.
Students are required to leave campus by 3:30 pm or directly after a special event and/or activity. Supervision staff will be available to assist students during arrival and dismissal times.
Early student dismissals for afternoon appointments are permitted until 1:00 pm, otherwise, all other dismissals will occur at the regular 3:10 pm dismissal time.
Every Wednesday, students will be dismissed at 12:25 pm for faculty and staff to engage in professional development opportunities.
LEARNING MANAGEMENT SYSTEM & COMMUNICATION WITH TEACHERS
Google Classroom is an innovative learning management system for creating, hosting, and editing online learning resources. It is a secure, worry-free platform that EA has adopted as a mechanism for online learning and to facilitate communication between teachers and students.
Teachers will communicate with families via the MyEA Portal and email. Please make sure to check your account weekly for information about what is going on in their classroom.
The Parent Portal through MyEA allows authorized parents and guardians to log in to their accounts and review all teachers’ communication. This may include access to Zoom links, schedules, Newsletters, Announcements, and/or highlights. We encourage parents to engage with their young learners and maintain awareness of their upcoming work. For parents to access the Parent Portal they need to log in to My EA Platform.
If you have any questions, your first point of contact should be your child’s teacher. If you need help after school hours, please know that your child’s teacher will contact you the next school day.
All students must wear the proper school uniform to school each day:
All Elementary students are assigned to one of the four Trojan Houses for their entire Elementary years: Orange, Purple, Green, and Yellow. Students are required to have their Trojan House color shirt as part of their PE uniform.
The Trojan House shirt will not replace the regular PE uniform, instead, it is in addition to and will be worn at designated times throughout the school year including every Friday and House Assemblies.
COME AND VISIT THE TROJAN STORE!
Monday - Friday from 7:30 am - 4:00 pm
Get personalized assistance by scheduling an appointment at 2528-8293
or visit the Trojan Store online.
Grade-level school supplies can be purchased at the Trojan Store. Online access to the Trojan Store is available once a student is enrolled for the school year.
The Trojan store has specially crafted grade-specific kits, packed with the finest school supply brands, to make the getting ready for school process as smooth as possible for parents.
We invite you to visit the Trojan Store on the following schedule: Monday - Friday from 7:30 am - 4:00 pm or visit the Trojan Store online.
LUNCH & SNACKS
Cafeteria Services for Elementary School will be done through "Loncheritas" / pre-packed meals and will be available as follows:
- Menus will be available for purchase online through MyEA portal starting on Tuesday, August 1st.
- Parents can make their selection for service either daily or for specific dates, per child.
- Food service for students will start on the first day of school Tuesday, August 15th.
- Menus for the following three weeks will be available.
- Take note that loncheritas must be purchased at least 24 hours in advance.
- In case of emergencies, if a loncherita has not been purchased, last minute orders can be taken before 8 am via email at cafeteriaservices@amschool.
- Students in PK4 through 1st grade will have their loncheritas delivered to their classroom for their lunchtime. Students in grades 2 - 5 will be given their loncheritas in the Cafetorium at their lunchtime.
- Students from PK3 to 1st grade need to bring their own snacks.
- Parents will also be able to transfer funds to their children's ID cards (2nd to 5th-grade students) so that they can buy snacks during their breaks.
- Please note that if your child did not attend school due to sickness, their loncherita can be re programmed within the next week with no additional charge.
AFTER SCHOOL SPORTS
This program is offered Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and/or Friday (depending on the sport) from 3:10-4:30 p.m. for students in Grades 1 - 5 only.
A variety of age-appropriate sports are offered, which include: Basketball, Soccer, Volleyball, Handball, Table Tennis and Track and Field. If you want to enroll your child in competitive sports, you can do so after completing the Registration Process.
Registration process will start on June 15th through the MyEA Portal. All students need to wear the proper uniform for practices. Uniforms will be sold during the registration process and will be delivered to students in October.